In today’s world where computer and internet technology plays an important role in the government system, Municipality is no different. The conventional manual and paper based system which is still being followed by almost 70% of the municipalities all over the world are slow and inconvenient leading to difficulties in revenue generation and timely completion of project works undertaken by the municipalities for the development of Cities & Towns.
Shortcomings of Conventional System
- Revenue Loss
- Manual recording of data which is time consuming and prone to error.
- Manual Filing of application for trade, birth & death registration, etc
- No proper coordination between the municipality management departments as data is offline.
- Huge potential for data Manipulation and human errors.
- The data maintained in excel spreadsheets is inconsistent.
- Problem with indexing of records
- No centralized database in place.
- Search and retrieval of Data becomes difficult.
- The process of generating reports becomes problematic and time.
Demerg’s e-Municipality : Product Highlights
- Spot billing with Revenue Management System.
- Usage of Handheld electronic machines
(connected to a central server via the internet) for bill generation. No manual bill generation. Used for Tax and Payment collection.
- Web based system for House Tax, Property Tax, Local Body taxes, Garbage Collection Tax.
- Birth & Death Registration System
- Online Application System (with SMS* facility)
- Online Income Certificate Application
- Online system for Power & Water connection
- Online Trade License/Advertisement Management system.
- SMS mobile based intimation system for application tracking.
- Workflow Management Systems
- Internal Process system for a paperless office
- SMS mobile based intimation system for application tracking
- Instant processing of applications and tasks within municipal administration.